Terms of Service
Effective Date: May 30th, 2017
Welcome to Handbooks! You can access and use our services, client software and websites ("Service") only in accordance with these Terms of Service ("Terms"), so please review these Terms carefully before using our Service.
1. These Terms constitute a contract between you and Infoteria Corporation ("we", "us", "our", "Infoteria") about your use of our Service. If you do not agree to these Terms, you cannot use our Service. You are responsible for compliance with these Terms.
2. If you do register for or otherwise use our Service, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms.
3. If you are using our Services for an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms on behalf of that organization.
II. Your Stuff & your Permissions
1. When you use our Service, you provide us with things like files, texts, contacts and so on ("Stuff"), but you retain copyright and any other rights you already held before you use your Stuff on or through our Service.
2. However, we need your permission to do things like hosting your Stuff, processing it, displaying it, backing it up, sharing it when you ask us to on or through our Service in order for us to be able to offer the Service. We will take appropriate management for the safety, integrity, and confidentiality of your Stuff. We will not access, modify, or disclose your Stuff without your consent or unless forced by law.
3. You also agree that we have the right to elect not to accept, post, store, display, publish or transmit your Stuff at our sole discretion.
4. We may automatically record your activity using our Services or collect real time location based information (for example GPS) from your device at any time while you use the Service. This may include meta data of contents, feedback, comments, ratings, time spend on contents, access times and dates and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of our Service, to increase our Service’s functionality and user friendliness and to better tailor to your needs.
III. Your Responsibilities
1. You should use our Service in accordance with these Terms, user guide, and applicable laws and government regulations.
2. You are responsible for your conduct, your Stuff and the method of obtaining the Stuff. You should not use the Stuff on or through our Service that violates rights, causes defamation, is illegal or unlawful, and infringes the privacy of a third party. We shall not assume any responsibility in case there is a conflict between you and the third party regarding the Stuff and you shall have to resolve it at your own expense and responsibility.
3. You will be responsible for all activities that occur within your account, including activities of others to whom you have provided your account password.
4. You should not share, transfer, rent, or sell your account.
5. You should undertake reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or misuse, and to notify us immediately in such cases.
6. You should not interfere or disrupt the integrity or performance of our Service or of the third party data included in our Service.
7. You should not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Service, related systems or networks.
IV. Our Service
1. In some cases our Service may allow you to download client software ("Software"). We give you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use our Software, solely to access the Service.
2. We shall update the Service including Software at any point in time without notice to improve the security and product quality.
3. Our Service, including documents or content, is protected by copyright, trademark, and other Japanese and laws applicable in the user country. These Terms do not grant you any right, title or interest in the Service, others' content in the Service, our trademarks, logos and other brand features.
4. You should not reverse engineer or decompile our Service, attempt to do so, or assist anyone in doing so.
1. We strive to provide a great Service, but there are certain things that we cannot guarantee. To the fullest extend permitted by law, Infoteria makes no warranties, either express or implied, about the Service. The Service is provided "AS IS." We also disclaim any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
2. We shall take reasonable efforts for the availability of our Service for 24 hours 7 days a week. However, the following cases are excluded.
a. Planned stoppage
b. Suspension of operations resulting from circumstances beyond our reasonable management (including but not limited to force majeure, act of government, natural disasters, terrorism, delay or failure of internet service providers, external attacks).
3. We shall take reasonable efforts for the normal functioning and to minimize downtime of our Service, however the delivery of data shall be stopped for a certain period of time in case of system failure and we do not assume responsibility for any damages incurred by you.
4. With an increasing number of users, we will continue to strive to improve the performance of our Service, however we cannot guarantee the performance.
5. Except where explicitly stated in the Terms, either party, regardless of whether it is based on law or otherwise, shall make no warranty of any kind. Each party, in particular, denies to the maximum extent permissible by laws, the marketability, and suitability to a particular purpose.
6. We may offer you the option to log into the Service account with their credentials from other social networks such as LinkedIn or Facebook. We assume no responsibility for how the social networks handle your data.
8. We shall compensate you if we violate these Terms and cause damages to you. However we shall not be responsible for lost profits, indirect losses, special damages, incidental damages, consequential damages, or punitive damages. The amount of compensation for the damages shall not exceed the amount paid by you in the last 12 months prior to the date of the event causing the damages.
VI. Paid Accounts
1. You can increase your storage and add paid features for a certain period of time to your account (turning your account into a "Paid Account").
2. This subscription is auto-renewing, until cancelled by you.
3. You may cancel your Paid Account at any time, andwe may downgrade, suspend or terminate your account at anytime if you violate these Terms or if you do not make payments within required time.(turning your account back into a free account). However, you will not be issued a refund.
4. After termination of a Paid Account, your account will remain as a free account. Your data related to the paid features will be erased and you may need to restructure your Stuff to meet the storage space criteria of a free account.
VII. Suspension, Termination and Erasing of your Data
1. You are free to terminate using our Services at any time.
2. We shall be able to suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time at our discretion and without notice if you fail to comply with these Terms.
3. Except for Paid Accounts, we reserve the right to terminate and delete your account if you have not accessed our Services for 12 consecutive months. We will provide you with notice via the email address associated with your account before we do so.
4. We reserve the right to erase your Stuff, activity log, account information and so on (your "Data") two weeks after termination of your account.
5. We are not responsible for any damages to you due to this suspension or deletion of your account or the erasing of your Data.
VIII. General Terms
1. Prohibition of the Transfer of Rights and Obligations - Unless you have our written consent, you cannot transfer or pledge, in whole or in part, your position, rights and obligations under these Terms to a third party.
2. Governing Law - Japanese laws are applicable to these Terms, irrespective of the country where our Service is used.
3. Jurisdiction - All disputes, controversies or differences which may arise between the parties hereto, out of or in relation to or in connection with these Terms shall be settled by arbitration in Tokyo, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association.
IX. Changes to the Terms
In the event we modify these Terms, and the modification meaningfully reduces your rights, the changes and the effective date will be notified to you in advance by email unless in an emergency. By continuing to use or access the Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.